Calhoun County Tuition Assistance Grant
Return to Financial Aid
The Calhoun County Tuition Assistance Grant Program (CCTAGP) will pay for four consecutive
semesters of higher education at Holmes Community College. Through the tuition assistance
program, applicants may pursue any degree or certificate program offered at Holmes
Community College. There will be no income requirement on the grant being offered.
Non-tuition related expenses such as supplies, books and room and board are not covered
by the tuition assistance program.
High school equivalency certificate recipients from Calhoun County are also eligible.
Proof of residency may be required. Your participation in this program is contingent upon the availability of program
funds. Award amounts are subject to change.
The CCTAGP amount generally is a possible maximum of the current cost of tuition per semester. Maximum award amounts are determined
by Three Rivers Planning and Development District and the Calhoun County Board of
Supervisors. Any other Federal, state and scholarship aid awarded will apply first,
and if the balance from these sources does not exceed the maximum amount allowed,
the CCTAGP will fill the unmet gap.
To complete your CCTAGP application:
- Must be a resident of Calhoun County (proof may be required).
- Must take the National ACT. Register at www.ACT.org.
- Must apply for the Mississippi Tuition Assistance Grant (MTAG) at www.mississippi.edu/riseupms/ by September 15.
- Must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Must begin enrollment at Holmes Community College for the semester immediately after
graduating from high school or earning the GED unless entering the military upon leaving
high school as a full-time student (at least 15 academic hours for all counties).
December graduates are eligible to begin in the spring semester or the fall semester
immediately following graduation.
- Must complete and submit CCTAGP Application by September 15 for the fall semester
and February 15 for the spring semester.
Once your CCTAGP application is complete, your award will be determined based on other
Be aware of the following:
- Applicants whose awards DO NOT exceed the maximum award amount allowed per semester
will then be awarded CCTAGP funds to cover the difference.
- MPACT, Work Study, most G.I. Bill benefits and student loans are not included in the
- CCTAGP is available for four consecutive regular semesters (summer school is not included
in this program).
- To continue to receive assistance under the CCTAGP, those eligible must pass a minimum
of 15 hours each semester with a 2.0 GPA (Repeated courses previously passed -- D or higher -- will not count.).
- Once eligibility is lost, it cannot be regained. Requirements are subject to change
without advanced notice.