At a Glance
Return to Housing
Dormitory Costs Per Semester (Subject to change each year)
- Room: $700
- Application fee: $50 (Charged once per year)
- Meals: $825 (Five day plan) $1,150 (Seven day plan for out of state and out of district
- Student ID replacement fee: $25 (Charged to student account)
- Dormitory room key replacement fee: $50 (Charged to student account)
There are a total of seven dormitories on the Goodman campus, which is the only campus
that provides housing for students.
- Four men's dorms: Attala, Cook, Motel and Webster Halls
- Three women's dorms: Choctaw, Grenada and Yazoo Halls
- Total capacity is 564 students. Attala and Yazoo Halls are the largest dormitories.
Yazoo Hall holds 154 students and Attala Hall 136
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Who lives in each dorm? Are they reserved for certain scholarship groups or open to
- Choctaw Hall is a female dormitory reserved for members of the basketball team, cheer
team, Ambassadors, Holmes Plus (Academics) and Connection currently.
- Grenada Hall is a female dormitory that houses primarily the tennis team, softball
team and Spirit Squad Recruiting group currently. The rooms are single.
- Yazoo Hall is a female residence hall that houses band and choir members, as well
as the general student population. This dormitory should be chosen if you are not
involved in any of these scholarship groups.
- Motel Hall is a male dormitory reserved for members of Connection, Cheer, Holmes Plus
(Academics), Tennis and Softball Managers currently. The rooms are single.
- Webster Hall is a male residence hall where the baseball and basketball teams live,
along with the athletic trainers currently.
- Cook Hall is a male dormitory that houses the football team and its managers.
- Attala Hall is a male residence hall that houses band and choir members plus the general
student population. This is the dorm to choose if not a part of any scholarship group.
What size are the room beds?
- Extra-long (XL) twin size. Make sure to purchase XL twin sheets.
What may I bring to my room? Most asked question.
The short list is the following:
- Microwave ovens are the only cooking appliances allowed. Hot plates, griddles, George
Foreman grills, toaster ovens, etc. are not allowed in rooms. Coffee pots are allowed
but must be kept clean.
- Small refrigerators are allowed that are no more than 4.5 amps. Students may have
no more than two in a room. Students must use surge protectors for multiple outlet
- Televisions and computers (desktops, tablets and laptops) are allowed. Cable and wireless
internet service is provided in every dorm. There is one line for the cable. Dish
Network is the service provider. Any electrical devices used to connect to wireless
must be compatible and updated for best service and reliability.
- Toiletry items must be furnished by the student.
- Small area rugs only are allowed.
- Extra-large furniture such as futons, love seats, recliners, etc. are not allowed
in rooms. Students are encouraged not to bring additional furniture, as rooms are
already furnished. Any furniture not mentioned here will need approval from the Director
of Student Housing.
- No pets are allowed.
More information on other things allowed or not allowed may be found by tapping on
the Housing Rules and Regulations heading above the Freshman Housing Application link on our website.
How may I apply for a room?
When may I apply for a room?
- The housing application is available year round and may be completed before or after
applying for admission to our college.
May I stay in the dorm on weekends?
- The only students allowed to stay on weekends are the out of state and out of district
athletes on scholarship. From time to time, some of our performance groups such as
cheer, band, choir, Connection, etc. are required to stay for school business, meaning
that they have performances at certain places on the weekend. It is closed to everyone
else. If you do not have transportation on weekends, do not apply for a room.