Excel 2013: Advanced
Course Objective: You will automate some common Excel tasks, apply advanced analysis
techniques to more complex data sets, troubleshoot errors, collaborate on worksheets,
and share Excel data with other applications.
Target Student: This course was designed for students desiring to gain the skills necessary to create
macros, collaborate with others, audit and analyze worksheet data, incorporate multiple
data sources, and import and export data.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- enhance productivity and efficiency by streamlining the workflow.
- collaborate with other workbook users.
- audit worksheets.
- analyze data.
- work with multiple workbooks.
- import and export data.
- integrate Excel data with the web.
Lesson 1: Streamlining Workflow
- Topic 1A: Update Workbook Properties
- Topic 1B: Create a Macro
- Topic 1C: Edit a Macro
- Topic 1D: Apply Conditional Formatting
- Topic 1E: Add Data Validation Criteria
Lesson 2: Collaborating with Other Users
- Topic 2A: Protect Files
- Topic 2B: Share a Workbook
- Topic 2C: Set Revision Tracking
- Topic 2D: Review Tracked Revisions
- Topic 2E: Merge Workbooks
- Topic 2F: Administer Digital Signatures
- Topic 2G: Restrict Document Access
Lesson 3: Auditing Worksheets
- Topic 3A: Trace Cells
- Topic 3B: Troubleshoot Invalid Data and Formula Errors
- Topic 3C: Watch and Evaluate Formulas
- Topic 3D: Create a Data List Outline
Lesson 4: Analyzing Data
- Topic 4A: Create a Trendline
- Topic 4B: Create Sparklines
- Topic 4C: Create Scenarios
- Topic 4D: Perform a What-If Analysis
- Topic 4E: Perform a Statistical Analysis with the Analysis ToolPak
Lesson 5: Working with Multiple Workbooks