Improving Work Ethics
- Recognize the difference between job performance and work ethics.
- Managers will understand that a work ethics discussion is not coaching and requires different skills for successful resolution.
- Understand that unsatisfactory work ethic and habits must be dealt with quickly and effectively before they require disciplinary action.
- Explain clearly and specifically the nature of the team member’s unsatisfactory work habit while focusing on behaviors rather than attitude.
- Use an action plan and ongoing reviews to help team members improve work ethic/habits and demonstrate personal accountability.