At a Glance
Dormitory Costs Per Semester (Subject to change each year)
- Room: $800
- Application fee: $50 (Charged once per year)
- Meals: $900 (Five-day plan) $1,225 (Seven-day plan for out of state and out of district athletes)
- Student ID replacement fee: $25 (Charged to student account)
- Dormitory room key replacement fee: $50 (Charged to student account)
There are a total of seven dormitories on the Goodman campus, which is the only campus that provides housing for students.
- Four men’s dorms: Attala, Cook, Motel and Webster Halls
- Three women’s dorms: Choctaw, Grenada and Yazoo Halls
- Total capacity is 566 students. Attala and Yazoo Halls are the largest dormitories. Yazoo Hall holds 154 students and Attala Hall 136.
Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
Who lives in each dorm? Are they reserved for certain scholarship groups or open to anyone?
- Choctaw Hall is a female dormitory reserved for members of the basketball team, cheer team, Ambassadors, Holmes Plus (Academics) and Connection currently.
- Grenada Hall is a female dormitory that houses primarily the tennis team and softball team currently. The rooms are single.
- Yazoo Hall is a female residence hall that houses band and choir members, as well as the general student population. This dormitory should be chosen if you are not involved in any of these scholarship groups.
- Motel Hall is a male dormitory reserved for members of Connection, Cheer, and Holmes Plus (Academics) currently. The rooms are single.
- Webster Hall is a male residence hall where the baseball, basketball and tennis teams live currently.
- Cook Hall is a male dormitory that houses the football team and its managers.
- Attala Hall is a male residence hall that houses band and choir members plus the general student population. This is the dorm to choose if not a part of any scholarship group.
What size are the room beds?
- Extra-long (XL) twin size. Make sure to purchase XL twin sheets.
What may I bring to my room? Most asked question.
The short list is the following:
- Microwave ovens are the only cooking appliances allowed. Hot plates, griddles, George Foreman grills, toaster ovens, etc. are not allowed in rooms. Coffee pots are allowed but must be kept clean.
- Small refrigerators are allowed that are no more than 4.5 amps. Students may have no more than two in a room. Students must use surge protectors for multiple outlet use.
- Televisions and computers (desktops, tablets and laptops) are allowed. Cable and wireless internet service is provided in every dorm. There is one line for the cable. Dish Network is the service provider. Any electrical devices used to connect to wireless must be compatible and updated for best service and reliability.
- Toiletry items must be furnished by the student.
- Small area rugs only are allowed.
- Extra-large furniture such as sofas, futons, love seats, recliners, etc. are not allowed in rooms. Students are encouraged not to bring additional furniture, as rooms are already furnished. Any furniture not mentioned here will need approval from the Director of Student Housing.
- No pets are allowed.
More information on other things allowed or not allowed may be found by tapping on the Housing Rules and Regulations heading above the Student Housing Application link on our website.
How may I apply for a room?
- Click on the Student Housing Application link. If completed correctly, you will see the message “Submitted successfully”.
- Disclaimer: The FAFSA (Financial Aid) application is not a part of the housing application process for the Goodman campus and does in no way serve as completion of the housing application itself. In Step Six of the FAFSA application, it asks if you plan to live either on campus, with a parent or off campus. Selecting “On Campus” does not satisfy or complete the housing application process. You must complete the Student Housing Application online from our website at www.holmescc.edu.
When may I apply for a room?
- The student housing application is available year round and may be completed before or after applying for admission to our college.
May I stay in the dorm on weekends?
- The only students allowed to stay on weekends are the out of state and out of district athletes on scholarship. From time to time, some of our performance groups such as cheer, band, choir, Connection, etc. are required to stay for school business, meaning that they have performances at certain places on the weekend. It is closed to everyone else. If you do not have transportation on weekends, please do not apply for a room.