Professional Truck Driver Training Program
New classes starting every 8 weeks: The Professional Truck Driver Training Program at Holmes Community College is an 8-week program that prepares students to enter the commercial truck driving industry. Classes meet Monday – Friday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m. The program includes classroom, controlled driving environment, and road driving to provide instruction in operating diesel powered vehicles, DOT rules and regulations, shifting techniques, pre and post trip inspections, loading and unloading cargo, and keeping necessary records.
- Complete a Professional Truck Driver Program application.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be at least 21 years of age. High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Must present a valid Class R driver’s license and successfully have passed the Mississippi CDL written exam (Class A Learner’s Permit) before you can start the driving portion of the training. We offer a prep class to help you with the written exam. This prep class is offered at no cost. Please check yes/no on the application if you are interested in the written exam prep class.
- Must have a clean driving record. A copy of Mississippi Highway Patrol Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) is required. This report can be obtained from the Mississippi Highway Patrol office or at http://www.ms.gov/hpdrivers/license/motorVehicleReportBegin.do
- No felony convictions.
- Must Pass DOT physical and drug screening. Results must be sent directly from the physician’s office to the college.
- Payment of Tuition.
*Aids to help with the CDL written exam can be found at the following web sites:
For additional information please contact Mandy Burrell at (662) 472-9172 or email@example.com