Memorandum of Understanding
A Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) will be signed by the School District Superintendent/Headmaster and the President of Holmes Community College to establish a Dual Enrollment/Dual Credit program. School administrators may contact the District Coordinator for Dual Enrollment/Dual Credit for information.
Student Role & Responsibilities
The student who is currently enrolled in high school may also enroll in Holmes Community College Dual Enrollment/Dual Credit courses if the following requirements are met:
- The student must have earned 14 core high school units such as English, mathematics, science, social science, or foreign language and/or have a high school junior status, or the student must have scored a minimum composite ACT score of 30 or the equivalent SAT score.
- The student must have an overall "B" average on all high school courses. Prerequisites and co-requisites as stipulated in the Holmes Community College Bulletin will be followed.
- The student shall request that the high school principal send an official copy of his/her high school transcript to the Admissions and Records Office at Holmes Community College.
- The student shall contact the principal or counselor of the high school to request that they submit an unconditional recommendation supporting the student's enrollment in the program. The unconditional recommendation should verify that the student is academically advanced and has the maturity and self-discipline required to benefit from this type of program. This recommendation may be in the form of a list of all participating students and should be included with the high school transcripts.
- The student must complete the Holmes Community College Registration and Orientation processes for enrollment. ACT or placement tests may be required for certain courses.
- The student or parents/legal guardians of the participating student are responsible for the tuition charges and other costs for the college course unless these costs are covered by grants, scholarships, or the school district. Regardless of the source of payment, all levied charges and fees must be paid directly to Holmes Community College. Holmes Community College will not release the student's final grades until all student debts are paid in full.
- The student is responsible for the cost and acquisition of textbooks.
- The student must follow the Attendance/Absence/Withdrawal policies of the Holmes Community College Bulletin. A student who wants to drop a college course must complete the "Withdrawal Request Form" accessible through MyHolmes.