Request Info Enroll Now

Frequently Asked Questions

How long should it take for my transcript request to be processed?
Approximately 1 to 2 business days.

Can I obtain a transcript if I have a Hold on my account?
Transcript requests cannot be processed if there is a Hold on the student’s account. Clear Holds before you make your transcript request. Your holds are listed in Enroll Now.

Do I need to submit a new application for the next semester if I am currently enrolled?
A new application is only needed if you sit out the term immediately following the last semester you finish or if you withdraw completely from school during the previous semester. This applies to the fall and spring terms only.

Am I required to have a high school diploma or GED to enter a vocational program?
Holmes Community College requires that all students have a high school diploma, GED, or college transcript to enter a vocational program unless otherwise specified by Mississippi law.

How do I apply to Holmes?
To apply for admissions into Holmes Community College, click here. This will take you to the application page.

What else do I have to do after I submit my application?
You must submit an official copy of a transcript from the last regionally accredited college that you attended or an official copy of your high school transcript if you have never attended a regionally accredited college. You must also submit ACT/SAT scores if under 21 years of age. You must then register for your classes.

How do I register/select classes?
If you are new to Holmes or if it has been more than 5 years since you last attended Holmes you must complete orientation. Next, you need to fill out the Advising Request Form and email the completed form to your advisor to receive your Alternate PIN. Once the Alternate PIN is received, then you will be able to register for your classes. The Advising Request Form and your advisor are listed in Enroll Now.

How do I know if I am ready to register?
Holmes has an assessment tool to help you  know if all of your information has been received and you are ready. Click here for Enroll Now.

Can someone else register/select classes for me?
You are the only one who can register for your classes.

Does Holmes have a payment plan for tuition?
Holmes currently utilizes the Nelnet payment plan system for tuition payments.  For more information, please visit

How many hours must I take in summer school to be full-time?
Students attending classes in the summer are not considered full-time students. During the fall and spring semesters 12 hours is the minimum that a student must take to be considered full-time.

How do I get a transcript?
You must submit a signed written request and pay a $5 processing fee. You may access the transcript request form by visiting the Admissions web page, then selecting Request Holmes Transcript.

If I withdrew last semester, do I have to apply again?
If you did not receive a grade in your course last semester, you will need to submit a new application.

If I’m just attending summer school, do I have to send my previous transcript?
Holmes Community College requires an official transcript from the last regionally accredited college attended that shows the final grades for the last term completed. This applies for all terms.

How can I get my Alternate PIN number?
If you are a new student, you will be required to complete orientation and contact your advisor using the Advising Request Form to receive your Alternate PIN. If you are a returning student, you will need to contact your advisor using the Advising Request Form to receive your Alternate PIN. The Advising Request Form and your advisor are listed in Enroll Now.

MyHolmes login won’t work. What do I do?
You will need to contact the Help Desk (1-888-HCC-4HLP or 1-888-422-4457) or you can use the chat feature on the MyHolmes login page. You will need to have your Holmes I.D or Social Security number and may be asked other information to verify your account.

After I apply, how long does it take to receive an acceptance letter?
If after you submitted your application you received a “Success” confirmation, your acceptance letter is immediately available in Enroll Now. However, if you submitted the application and received “Failed”, you must contact the Admissions Office.

I have attended Holmes before, do I have to complete a new application?
A new application is required if you did not attend Holmes during the last semester that precedes the semester you desire to attend. This applies to the fall and spring terms only.