EMS-Paramedic Application Process
Admission requirements that must be met before a student is considered for selection are:
- Must meet HCC admissions requirements.
- Must have current national registration as an EMT.
- Must be a Mississippi-certified EMT in good standing prior to clinical.
- Must successfully pass a re-test of basic EMT skill and knowledge.
- Must provide past academic records for review by an admissions committee (may or may not be faculty members).
- Must have completed 4 of the required 8 semester hours of anatomy and physiology with lab from an accredited post-secondary school (A & P I-BIO 2514 or BIO 2513 & BIO 2511 or equivalent) prior to enrollment with a grade of C or higher; A & P II is in the curriculum for any students who have completed only A & P I prior to enrollment; A & P I & II must each be completed with a grade of C or higher.
- Must successfully pass a Criminal Background Check as required by Mississippi State Law. (Students will be responsible for the fee for the background check which will be paid to the agency conducting the check. HCC will not handle the fee for the background check.)
Application Process for the EMS Paramedic Program:
Follow Steps 1-3 below to apply for the EMS Paramedic program which begins in August at the Ridgeland Campus and January at the Grenada Campus:
Step 1–If you are not currently enrolled as a Holmes student (this semester), click on “Enroll Now” at www.holmescc.edu to complete a Holmes Community College online Admissions Application for spring (Grenada Campus) or fall (Ridgeland Campus), choosing EMT-Paramedic AAS as your major. After applying to the college, you must return to “Enroll Now” and complete the orientation. Please note that successful completion of Step 1 denotes acceptance to the college, not acceptance of application to the EMS Paramedic program.
Step 2–After you have been accepted to the college, click on the college portal, “My Holmes,” at www.holmescc.edu and log in. Navigate to the “Academics/Career-Technical” icon at the top of the page and then go to the “Health-Related Applications” on the lower left-hand side of the page to access the EMS Paramedic Fall Class (Ridgeland Campus) or EMS Paramedic Spring Class (Grenada Campus) application. Click on APPLY to apply for the EMS Paramedic program. To check the status of your application, click on STATUS.
Please note that you do not use this application for EMT. If you are interested in the EMT course, contact your advisor.
Step 3–Submit necessary documentation—-official high school transcripts or GED scores and official transcripts from all regionally-accredited colleges attended *—-to the following address:
Office of Admissions
Holmes Community College
PO Box 398
Goodman, MS 39079
*All documentation in Step 3 must be received by Holmes by the application close date.
After the application process closes, you will be notified via your Holmes email of class denial or acceptance.
If you have questions about the application process, please contact Jessica Leverette in Ridgeland at 601-605-3386 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.