Heavy Civil Construction Program
Qualified workers in this field are in demand. This hands-on course is taught by instructors with heavy civil construction experience and specialized education.
- Participants will complete approximately 300 clock hours.
- Heavy Civil Construction training is a 10-week course (*tentative.)
- The course is taught on the Goodman campus of Holmes Community College.
Program curriculum will include, but is not limited to:
Heavy Highway Construction Equipment
Heavy Highway Construction Safety
Interpreting Civil Drawings
Basic Principles of Cranes, including safety and communications
Class B license
After successful completion of the training each trainee will obtain the following certifications:
- Class B license
- ATSSA Flagger
- OSHA Fall Protection
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation/ Automated External Defibrillator
- Dig Safe Certification
Interested in the program?
Heavy Civil Construction Training Program Form
All program applicants must:
- Pass a drug test.
- Pass a DOT physical.
- Have a high school diploma or GED certificate.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
*Additional requirements may be given upon enrollment in the Heavy Civil Construction training.
Potential positions within the field, depending upon specific company functions:
- Skilled Laborer/Carpenter
- Equipment Operator
- Finish Operator