If you are a Non-MSVCC student, please refer here instead.
A “proctored exam” is an exam in which you must come to a testing center where a person checks your identity and then allows you to take the exam under supervision.
IMPORTANT: All Holmes-provided courses will require at least two proctored exams, with one of these being the Final Exam. All hosted courses will also require proctored exams. Proctored exams may be in the form of computerized Canvas tests or paper tests. It is the student’s responsibility to make an appointment with an official testing center.
- Holmes CC and the MSVCC provide proctoring services through a service called SmarterProctoring
- Check each course’s information to determine the testing dates.
- To schedule your proctored test at any MSVCC testing location, log in to your Canvas Course and click the SmarterProctoring link at the bottom left hand side of the page.
- For Out of State, please schedule your appointment through SmarterProctoring. You will see an option for Out of State Proctoring. Students must pay any required fee for out of state testing. If you have questions about Out of State Proctoring, contact Shalon Farris.
- Please click on the following link for additional instructions for scheduling a proctored exam using SmarterProctoring: SmarterProctoring Student Guide
- The ONLY exception for not using an official testing center as listed by the MSVCC: If you are disabled (official disability documentation must be provided) to the point that it is not physically possible for you to make it to a testing center.
- If all appointment times are full for the campus you are interested in, you should email the proctor for possible walk-in appointment times.
- Goodman Campus – email@example.com
- Grenada Campus – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ridgeland Campus – email@example.com