Request Info Enroll Now

Transfer Credit Articulation FAQ

Where do I send a prior college official transcript?

Official college transcripts may be sent to Holmes Community College using one of the following methods:

  • Electronically from your prior institution through a transcript service provider directly to the following: Holmes Community College, All Admissions
  • Via mail or parcel service in a sealed envelope directly from the prior institution to the following physical address: Holmes Community College, P. O. Box 398, Goodman, MS 39079

Note: Transcripts received directly from the student are only considered official when received in an institution’s official sealed envelope.

Where can I check to see if the requested prior college transcript(s) has been received by Holmes?

Follow the steps below:

  • Go to the Holmes Community College website
  • Click on Enroll Now
  • Click Log In or Start Here and enter the required information
  • On the Enroll Now page, scroll down to Section 1 Are you Ready to Continue?
  • Locate the Transcripts and Test Scores Status section to view information

I requested for my transcript to be sent to HCC, but it is not listed on Enroll Now nor visible on my transcript. What should I do?

Follow the steps below:

  • Contact the transcript service provider and/or sending institution to verify whether or not the transcript was transmitted and the method (mail or electronic). If it was transmitted, ask for the sent date.
  • For transcripts sent electronically, ask for the received date and time. Provide this information to the Articulation Office.

Note: Please allow up to three (3) to five (5) business days after the received date for the information to be displayed on your account.

How long does it take for HCC to receive my official transcript?

The delivery time for transcripts varies based on the transcript service provider and/or the sending institution and carrier method.

  • For transcripts sent via mail (parcel service), it typically takes an average of five (5) business days or longer.
  • For transcripts sent electronically, it typically takes two (2) business days or longer.

Note: If Holmes has not received your transcript within the typical time frame, you should check with the transcript service provider and/or sending institution to confirm that it was transmitted.

After my official transcript has been received by HCC, how long will it take for the Articulation Office to process?

The time frame for processing transcripts is typically three (3) to five (5) business days. Keep in mind that some transcripts can take longer to process. If the transcript has not been processed within the typical time frame, you may contact the Articulation Office for more information.

After my transcript is processed, where do I check to see what credits will be accepted?

Follow the steps below:

  • Log into the My Holmes portal
  • Locate the Student Essentials card
  • Locate the Student Profile
  • Click My Student Profile
  • On the Student Profile, click Academic Transcript
  • Enter Transcript Level Undergraduate, Transcript Type Advising
  • All transfer courses and institutional courses (if applicable) will be listed

Some of my prior college courses are not showing on my HCC record, what step do I need to take next?

If there are courses that you took from a prior college that are not listed on your HCC transcript, contact the Articulation Office for more information.

Does HCC accept credit for military training and education courses?

Yes. Learn more about how you can earn credit for your military training and education by clicking the following link:

How do I contact the Articulation Office if I have questions or need further assistance?

Contact the following:

Jessica Lepard
District Transfer Articulation Coordinator
P. O. Box 398
Goodman, MS 39079

Phone: 662-472-9117
Fax: 662-472-9176