Re-routing your STEM Pathway
- Need to improve your grade in a STEM class? All faculty have office hours. Email your instructor to see when you can stop by for help.
- Can’t make your instructor’s office hours? Try tutoring. Here are the tutoring options at Holmes:
- NetTutor (requires Canvas login) is available to all students
- STEM Tutoring – Contact Mrs. Angela Miles at firstname.lastname@example.org (Goodman campus) or Dr. Antoine Gates at email@example.com (Ridgeland campus) to inquire about tutoring on campus.
- Want to re-take a class but not get behind? Think about 4- and 8-week classes.
- Click on this link to see which courses are offered this semester
- There’s a path for you in STEM. Let us help you find it.
- Learn about various STEM and health-related careers: On the Library tab, scroll to Occupational Materials (requires Holmes login)
- Needing to switch to a different STEM pathway, try these
|Major HCC STEM Pathways (Programs)||Alternative Pathways|
|Pre-Medical||Pre-Physician Assistant/ Associate|
|Pre-Occupational Therapy||Occupational Therapy Assistant (Ridgeland)|
|Pre-Physical Therapy||Physical Therapy Assistant (Grenada)|
|Engineering and Computer Science||Architectural Engineering Technology|
Drafting & Design Technology
Computer Programming (Apple/ Swift Coding)
|Pre-Nursing (BSN)||Pre-Nursing (ADN)|
Health Care Assistant
(earn your AA degree while completing certification)
- Need a mentor, job, or shadowing experience to see which STEM career fits you best?
- Here’s a list of community members who want to see you in STEM: Career Resources
- Still not sure if a STEM career is for you?
- Schedule a real-time (face-to-face or virtual) visit with a STEM advisor here